Anytime you hear weird noises coming from your plumbing, it’s cause for concern. You shouldn’t hear anything out of the ordinary when you flush your toilet or turn on a faucet. When you do, it is important you know what to look for and also know when to call on a professional to help you get to the bottom of whatever you are hearing is. Randall’s Plumbing is here to talk about some noises you could potentially hear coming from your plumbing system and what they usually mean.
What Does it Mean when the Pipes Make a High Pitch Sound & Other Plumbing Noises?
There are several different strange noises that you could hear come from your plumbing. Knowing what you are hearing can be harder than you think. Here are some of the most common noises that homeowners often hear coming from their plumbing and what they mean.
– Banging: Loud banging noises coming from your pipes is usually not a good thing. This noise is also often referred to as a water hammer. It happens when a valve quickly shuts off the flow of water. Sometimes, when you have clogs or obstructions in your pipes, it can also create these loud banging noises to occur.
– Gurgling: Gurgling is a sound that people often complain about in their drains. It is usually cause by a clog in the pipe or a drain venting issue you could be having.
– Rattling: Sometimes pipes can shake when water is rushing through them, but you shouldn’t be able to notice it. If the noise is loud enough that you are hearing it and concerned about it, chances are, your pipes aren’t secured properly, and you need the help of a professional to secure them.
– Hissing: This can happen when the water pressure is too high. When you turn your faucet on only to hear it hiss as the water sprays out, you possibly need that water pressure adjusted.
– Whistling: Clogged showerheads are usually culprit of a whistling sound. This often means that there is buildup on the showerhead, and it needs to be properly cleaned. There are several different cleaners that can help you remove this buildup and get your showerhead back to normal.
– Screeching: This often happens when the faucet you are using is defective in one way or another. You may just need to replace the valve but could also be dealing with a faucet that needs an overall replacement as well.
Plumbing Fixture Installation, Repair, Replacement & More in Marshfield, Conway & Greater Lebanon, Missouri
If you are hearing strange noises coming from your plumbing system, it is time to call on the professionals at Randall’s Plumbing to take a look. We have the experience and expertise needed to listen to the noises your plumbing system is making and make the adjustments needed to get your plumbing back on track. If there are replacements to be made, you can count on us to do the job right. Call us today!