Since most of the plumbing in your home is hidden behind your walls, it can be difficult to find a leak when you have one. If only we had a way to look into the walls of our home without ripping them apart. Plumbing leaks can wreak havoc on your home when they go undetected. That’s why you want to know the signs that indicate you have a plumbing problem so that you can get it fixed right away. Randall’s Plumbing is here to share signs you should be looking for to help you know you have a plumbing problem that needs to be addressed.
How Do You Know if You Have a Plumbing Leak?
If you have a plumbing leak, it may go undetected for a while, but you will eventually start to notice signs that something isn’t quite right. Here are some of the biggest signs that should make you feel concerned.
– High Water Bills: Sometimes you will see an increase in the amount of water you use in a month. Sometimes you may have more guests in your home using water or it is summer, and you are watering your lawn. However, if you see a spike in your bill for no good reason, it could be due to a leak somewhere.
– Mold: Finding mold in your home is a huge problem. It is also a problem caused by water of some sort. If you find mold in your home anywhere, you need to get to the bottom of where the water is coming from. It is usually caused because there is a leak of some sort that is causing mold to grow.
– Wet Spot in Backyard: If the sewer line that carries water from the city to your home gets damaged for any reason, you will be dealing with a large wet spot in your yard. The same goes for a septic system. Anytime you notice a lot of water in your yard that potentially smells bad, you should call someone right away to take a look at things.
– Running Water Meter: Turn off all the water in your home and make sure no one turns it on. You can walk out to the water meter outside your home and put your ear next to it. If you hear a clicking sound, it means your water meter is running and you are getting charged for water you’re losing out a leak.
– Foundation Cracks: Some small cracks in your foundation are caused by settling and other problems. However, if a crack seems to appear overnight, it can be caused by a plumbing leak somewhere.
Residential & Commercial Plumbing Repair, Replacement & More in Marshfield, Conway & Greater Lebanon, Missouri
If you notice that you have signs that are mentioned above in your home, it’s time call on Randall’s Plumbing to do a full plumbing inspection. We will find any leaks and fix them in time. Call us today!